The United States Marine Corps uses variety of latest equipments and technologies. Some of them are used on a daily basis for practice while some are rarely used. Most of them have nicknames or are called by an abbreviation codes. The technology can be further sub-categorized into equipments, vehicles and weapons.
- The MTV (Modular Tactical Vest) is a marine inventory vest that has better advanced protection features and the newest form.
- The OTV (Outer Tactical Vest) is a quick release vest for the most forward unit.
- The Scalable Plate Carrier was developed for the Afghanistan troops because of their extensive weight limiting mobility in the mountainous terrain.
- The PASGT (Personal Armor System for Ground Troops) are used in the non-deployment and training units.
- The Full Spectrum Battle Equipment kit contains integrates breathing, quick release ballistic vest, load bearing equipments and floating device.
- The Field Protective Mask M40 which is a standard gas mask which is a replacement for M50 Joint General Purpose Mask.
- The NAAK (Mk I Nerve Agent Antidote Kit) consists of a pair of auto-injectors, which contains nerve agents and pralidoxime chloride. It serves as first aid for the nerve agents and is the replacement for ATNAA.
- The LWH (Light Weight Helmet) is used to suspend the older sling that has a nape protection system.
M16 assault rifle is a basic infantry weapon in the United States Marine Corp. Most of the marines are equipped with M19A4 and M16A2 service rifles. M4 carbine is the most recent weapon. M240Gand M249 SAW is the machine guns with suppressive fire. M293 grenade launcher provides indirect fire for fireteams. The MK19 automatically grenade launcher (40 mm) and M2.50 caliber heavy machine gun is used for dismounting infantry. Varieties of defensive equipments are used that has a capability of fire-rocket to missiles infantry. Some of the anti-tank guided missiles are also used such as BGM-71 TOW and Predator SRAW. Less lethal weaponries are also used is the Marine Corps.
Some of the vehicles used by US Marine Corps are
- Base Fleet
- M998/M1097-MRC radio truck
- M1097 – Heavy Cargo Truck
- M1037- Electronic Shelter Carrier
- M1044 – armament carrier
- AMK 25, AMK-23 – cargo troop towering.
AMK-30, MK-30 is dump truck.